Room Selection 2013
- Submit your Returning Student Agreement on-line, available between Friday, March 1 and Friday, March 29. Don't be late; this is your best chance to receive priority for campus housing for next year.
- Check the email account you have listed with the University for an Immediate E-mail Confirmation that your Returning Student Agreement was submitted. Retain this confirmation e-mail for your records until you have successfully completed Room Selection. Immediately contact the Department of Resident Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 314-2100 if you experience problems submitting this form or do not receive your immediate e-mail confirmation.
- Pay Your Bill - Any student with an outstanding balance as of March 20 will not be eligible to participate in Room Selection and if they submit a Housing Agreement, will be placed on the campus housing waitlist based on their priority number. Students can still submit a Housing Agreement even if they have a balance on their student account, and while they are working with the Bursar’s Office to clear their balances.
- Review the Room Selection 2013 web site.
- Discuss housing options with friends and family; think about where you want to live and who you might want to live with. For more questions to think about, use our Room Selection Homework worksheet.
- Become acquainted with the different residence halls. Check out Residence Halls at a Glance for more details on each building, including floor plans and campus maps.
- Visit the Room Selection web site on Wednesday, April 3, for your Priority Number for Room Selection. If you do not receive a priority number please contact the Department of Resident Life at email@example.com or (301) 314-2100.
- Plan your Unit Moves and Preferenced-Based Shopping strategy based on where you would like to live and who you would like to live with. Find out the email addresses you need to use to invite your friends to join your group or move to your unit. For more information on pull-ins and how to preference where you would like to live, please visit the Room Selection Policy page.
- Contact the Department of Resident Life Assignments office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 314-2100 to get all your questions answered. Stop by the information tables in the Dining Halls during April (see the calendar for specific dates and locations) for assistance.