Sustainability Initiatives for Oakland Hall
Below are a few examples of the green initiatives for Oakland Hall:
- A percentage of building construction materials contains recycled content.
- A percentage of building construction materials are extracted, harvested, and manufactured within a 500 mile radius.
- Use of low emitting materials: adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings and carpets.
- Installation of Energy-Star appliances and equipment.
- Solar reflective roof surface to reduce summer heat gain (lower air conditioning energy use).
- Water efficient landscaping, including the use of native plantings.
- LEED Accredited Professional assigned to Design Team.
- Dual-flow water-conserving toilets along with other high-efficiency, low-flow shower heads and sink aerators.
- Energy efficient lighting fixtures and a lighting control system
- Green cleaning products to be used by housekeeping staff in public areas.
- Recycling containers located on each floor.
- First floor indoor space for covered bicycle parking.