The Department of Resident Life encourages students from across the University to apply for the Resident Assistant position. Eligibility to participate in the selection process involves the following:
- Applicants must be an undergraduate student at the University of Maryland, College Park, or will be an undergraduate student at the University of Maryland, College Park by the Spring 2013 semester.
- Applicants must maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA at the University of Maryland, College Park. Unless this is your first semester at the University, you must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA on Thursday, October 4, 2012 to participate in the selection process. Those in their first semester do not yet have a GPA at the University. The GPA of all eligible candidates will be checked after grades have posted for the Fall 2012 semester.
- Applicants must be in good judicial and financial standing with the University.
- If invited, applicants must register for and complete EDCP 470 in the Spring 2013 semester in order to be selected for a position.
- If offered a position, newly hired Resident Assistants are expected to hold the position for the entire 2013-2014 academic year.
You may feel you have unique circumstances. If in doubt, please contact us to discuss your situation. You may apply for a Resident Assistant position if:
- You live on campus or you live off campus.
- You are a current student or you will transfer to the University for the Spring 2013 semester.
- You are studying abroad in the Fall 2012 semester.
|1||September 19 – October 3||Attend an Information Session . This is a mandatory requirement of the application process. The last Information Sessions is at 6pm on October 3.|
|2||Deadline: October 4 at 11:59 pm||Complete the application and sign up for an individual interview by 11:59pm on October 4.|
|3||Deadline: October 19 11:59 pm||Have two references submitted on your behalf by 11:59pm on October 19. Candidates who do not have two references submitted will not be considered for an RA position.|
October 10 – 22
Participate in an individual interview October 10 – 22.
|October 26||Applicants will be notified via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on October 26 of their status in the RA selection process. Selected applicants will be invited to participate in the Group Process.|
October 26 – 30
|Selected applicants will be invited to continue in the selection process. These applicants will complete sign-up for a group process interview session October 26 – 30.|
November 2 – 9
Selected candidates will participate in a group process interview to take place November 2 – 9.
|November 20||Applicants will be notified via email (email@example.com) on November 20 of their status in the RA selection process. Selected applicants will be invited to participate in EDCP 470 in the Spring semester and continue in the RA candidate pool.|
|6||Mid to late Spring semester||Selected applicants will participate in EDCP 470 in the Spring semester. During the semester some candidates will be offered RA positions for 2013-2014. The remaining applicants may stay in the candidate pool and be considered for RA positions that come available later in the semester or in the summer.|