(Click to view larger image)
It has been nearly three years since the transformation of Denton Community began. This community-wide makeover has included the construction of Oakland Hall and the North Campus Academic Enrichment Center, the renovation of the Denton Dining Hall into 251 North, the installation of the infrastructure necessary to bring air conditioning to North Campus residence halls, and the improvements to roads and other grounds.
The final phase of this project is now underway with the complete renovation of the Denton Community Quad. Once completed, the new quad will be an inviting outdoor space that will provide opportunities for community residents to gather, study, engage, play and relax. The project includes:
- New landscape and planted beds
- New paved patios with plenty of outdoor seating areas
- Open space for informal recreation
- High-efficiency LED site security light poles
- Barbecue grills
- New accessible entrances for Denton and Elkton Halls
- New site drains and improved storm water management with special, eco-friendly bio-retention areas to treat run-off after rain storms
- A beautiful new pergola that will be a focal point of the southwest side of the quad between Denton and Easton Halls.
There is a new sidewalk entrance to the front of Denton Hall and even the crosswalk between the Denton Community and Byrd Stadium has been renovated to improve pedestrian safety across Valley Drive.